Sunday, March 30, 2008

And The Underdog Made History Instead!

The Super Bowl, opposing this year the New England Patriot and the New York Giant was quite unique in the football history. We indeed had the revelation of the perfection with the performance of New England Patriot, which made a perfect session without lose any of his game throughout the season. But as unpredictable that could have been, they appeared to lose the only and most important game of season, the final. And as ironic that could sound, it was versus the underdog of the season, the Giant. What can we say, shameless, bad luck or lack of perfection... Anyhow, they did really had an astonishing performance throughout this season even if they haven't been able to make history. Let's just hope that the future will give us the opportunity to contemplate what we did call with reason, the perfection . I remember the conversation I had with my next-door neighbor the day after the super bowl in our building hallway. He is in early thirty, which implies his passion for sport such football and hockey. That's sometime "unbearable" for his wife, but what we say, he's a man and this is our society. And having a conversation with him, have always been a real challenge for me. Because, being a native speaker, the way he speaks involves every time the use of idioms and figure of speech. And in such situation, when he and I have a conversation, while sharing, I usually guess the meaning from the context of our conversation, memorize the expression or idiom he searched for it in my dictionary when I get home. So on this day after the Super Bowl, we shared our experience from the game which this year had been beyond all expectation with the underdog winning over the favorite. As usual, I had to memorize all the new word and expression he was using and made up my mind. But that time, I searched only for one word when I got home.Good sign that I am getting better and that the eap is helpful. So returning to the football championship, the Giant was remarkable, they gave a great football game working they way out to the victory. Of course it wasn't easy for them to defeat the team that had defeated all the teams of the championship, but they had that game...I'll just say unbelievable; Yes unbelievable, it wasn't yesterday, but even today I still remember how the defense of the Giant was unbelievable, being such a complexity for the Patriot to execute their attack. No game plan was good enough an answer to the Giant' swarm. For sure the Patriot led the game a touchdown answering the Giant's lead, but couldn't work their way out. The game was very tight pressuring Brady,who was just recovering from an ankle injured. Still, he was as usual at the top of his performance but the fact was just that the Giants were everywhere, struggling to keep the game tight because aftermath the Giants were confronting the best team of the league. Then came the moment of true, where Eli, battling the Patriot enraged defense, deliveried his pass to Tyree for the ultime touchdown. That was it, the catch of the victory!

No comments: